Friday, January 4, 2013

THE YEAR IN PICTURES

Another year passes just as another wrinkle indents my face. 


I thought it would be nice to glance at the past just as the new year as come into bloom. 2012 began with being accepted to study Politics and Law in Paris and having the great opportunity to live in the most beautiful city in the world for a semester. During my breaks in between classes (and consequently during the Paris Fashion Weeks) I would scamper off from Saint Germain de Pres to take photos outside whichever show was on, photographing my favourite designers, editors and photographers. By chance  I met Tommy Ton (whose blog I have been following for years) outside the Jean Paul Gaultier Headquarters during Couture Week and was photographed by him for style.com. After Couture week I was invited to the beautiful Talbot Runhof show in March during the Ready to Wear Paris Fashion Week to attend my first Paris show and met the designers backstage.  It was at this point I was so lucky to have also met so many incredible bloggers and photographers, and soon realised their enormous influence in the fashion industry. Coming from one of the most isolated cities in the world, this was my Mecca in pure, wonderful, Disney-dreams-coming-true bliss. 

Going back home always brings a wave of nostalgia for greener pastures, so one way to keep my toe dipped in the fashion pond was to create this blog late 2012. It is still a fairly new experiment and (proving to be a very addictive) hobby. Now I have big plans for 2013 - after 2012, it's only going to keep getting better and better, right? The adventure continues! 


Me photographed by Tommy Ton for style.com outside the Jean Paul Gaultier show during Couture Week. 
Me taking pictures of Tommy Ton and his assistant taking pictures!
Being photographed by the blogger, All The Pretty Birds, outside the
Grand Palais for the Chanel Couture show
My invitation resting on my lap at the Talbot Ruhnof Ready to Wear show during Paris Fashion Week
Beautiful Vogue cover postcards given by a friend for Christmas
One of my favourite shows this year: Meadham Kirchhoff SS13
Source: Dazed & Confused
A photo of one of my lucky finds in a small city store. This is one of the coolest sheets of
Christmas wrapping paper I have ever bought.
A photo of my shoes for my first blog post that I took after painstakingly rearranging
them in a balancing act. Unfortunately the first post was deleted, but the photograph remains!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love the shot of you taken by Tommy Ton and then your picture afterwards of him taking the photo.

    Happy new year! I hope 2013 is just as awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too! I just looked at your blog - it's incredible! I'm following it from now on. The photos are beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Hi

    Love your pictures and blog.
    Thanks for visiting my blog & thanks for the comment. I didnt knew the pics blong to you, sorry. I wrote your blog name under my post as a source :)

    Kisess from jadorefashionlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete